Staff writer (Business & Technology)
Title: Staff Writer (Business & Technology) - One position
Company: The Caravan
Job Category: Magazine
Experience: Minimum 5 years
Deadline: 28 November 2018
Company Description: The Caravan occupies a singular position among Indian magazines. Its stories present a unique mix of detailed reportage and lively and vivid writing, with a commitment to the art of storytelling, whether the subject is politics, culture or art.
The Caravan is published by the Delhi Press Group, one of India’s leading publishers. Started in 1939, Delhi Press today publishes 33 magazines in 10 languages.
- Conceptualising, pitching and planning business and technology stories
- Reporting and writing at least four long form stories a year
- Periodically writing articles for the magazine’s web section
- Working closely with editors to plan reportage and edit material intensively into final stories
- Closely tracking developments in politics, business and other fields, and developing a wide range of sources to use while building long-form stories, combining investigation, data journalism and on-ground reportage
- Honing an approach that combines journalistic rigour with an eye for literary detail
- Candidates should have a minimum of five years of reporting experience, in business newspapers and/or magazines. Candidates should have an instinct for business news, should demonstrate sound judgment and an enthusiasm for The Caravan’s commitment to improving the quality of writing and reporting in India.
- The Delhi office is a small shop, with the environment of a start-up, and therefore requires team players with a willingness to be flexible.
- This is a full-time position. Night, holiday, and weekend work may be required.
Please send a résumé, three samples of published business writing, three story ideas, two references (names and contacts) and a cover letter to Dr. Vinod K. Jose, Executive Editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Staff Writer (Business & Technology) - The Caravan—2018”.